by Mousie, Chronicler of M&M Central...
Hello, dear friends. Here we are.... a day late but we hope you will think it is worth the wait. As you know we did not publish a post last week and we were having challenges doing so this week too. The old brains are atrophied with all this staying home stuff. BUT, finally this morning a miracle happened.
Grammy was getting snail mail ready to go and had to prepare a package so she waddled... yes, I said waddled, over to the desk, picked out the box holding her labels and SURPRISE SURPRISE! Inside that box was her Camera! No, not the phone, not the iPad... her KODAK camera. And inside that camera - along with two very corroded batteries was an old SD card. Imagine that!
We aren't sure if the Camera will survive the corrosion but the SD card seemed to be intact. And so, we all gathered around Grammy's laptop, popped in the SD card and hoped for the best. Wohoo! There they were - over 500 photos and a number of videos... all from 2011 and 2012... the years when we were all youngsters and new fosters at M&M Central.
So we put Grammy to work to create a video slideshow for you. We hope you enjoy it.
Things to take note of as you watch it ...
1. I, Mousie, have never weighed more than 8 lbs and most often was in the 7 - 7.5 lb. range in these photos.
2. Mummy Whiskers was a chubby butt... not like now where she weighs no more than 9 lbs.
3. The boys were only 11 months old when Sweetie arrived. Sweetie was 5-6 weeks old. Fidelia, their mummy had already been adopted by a friend of Grammy.
4. Sweetie arrived with a broken leg - that couldn't be put in a cast... thus the need to be confined while it healed.
5. Grammy did physiotherapy on the leg almost every day.. to keep it limber and to strengthen it.
6. Those boys were slim-jims. They were smaller than me, Mousie. Hard to imagine, I know.
7. I looked gigantic beside the boys and Sweetie.
8. It took a couple of years for Sweetie to grow into her ears. Until then they looked like sails. *giggles*
9. The boys, Whiskers and I were terrified of her when she first arrived. She screeched like a Kestrel whenever she wanted out of the cage and that was more often than not.
10. AND Grammy fell in love with the little mischief... thus the gazillion photos of her.
11. Sweetie still nuzzles Grammy's robe whenever she needs some loving and cuddles. Those two are bonded (kinda like Whiskers and me).
And last but not least.
12. Grammy had no intention of allowing her to be adopted by anyone but us and well, I guess it worked out okay. We love her, sorta!
To enjoy the show click here... M&M Fostering 2011 - 2012
Comments would be most welcome. We especially love to hear from our readers.
Mischief and Mayhem Central 2020
Five Cats, Five Personalities, One Goal - Mischief & Mayhem.