By Etude, Mischief Extraordinaire.
Good morning dear friends,
Not much to say today. Grammy's meds are still bugging her tummy and making her feel miserable. We know this because her coffee consumption is decreased substantially and she has no appetite. Subsisting on chicken noodle Cup-a-Soup and crackers and the odd meal she gets her nourishment but it leaves her with little energy. Yuck. The good thing is that she knits to distract herself and she sleeps a lot.
We like that part. If she sleeps then we are free to either sleep or get into mischief. Well, 30% of the time we opt for mischief and the other 70% is split between eating and sleeping.
When Grammy knits I snuggle in on the arm of her chair and keep her right hip warm and alternate between staring at her with adoration and napping. When she sleeps I cuddle up under the duvet on the bed or nearby. Being the good boy I am, I like to keep a close eye on her. *adjusts halo*
Sweetie is the cheekiest mischief. She bounces on Grammy's wobbly bits when she's sitting or the middle of her back when she's napping, then takes a flying leap and runs a marathon around the condo. When Grammy knits she nips at her yarn and needles and drives her to distraction. *giggles* We love her spunk - Sweeties', not Grammy's.
Rondo has decided that Whiskers' former carrier is a perfect bed and hunkers down in it to sleep. The toy box is above it on the cat tree. He and I take turns taking toys out of the box and tossing them around the condo meowing at full volume to be sure Grammy wakes up. Sometimes it works. Other times she finds the toys in the morning scattered all around the livingroom and bedroom. *giggles*
Mousie is the only one who behaves herself at night. She either curls up on Grammy's pillow or in her marshmallow bed and naps until Grammy wakes up, then demands lots of kisses for being a good girl all night long. Such a little grammy's girl! But then, she's old and frail and deserves all the kisses she can get.
It's the good life, for sure.
Comments are welcomed.
Mischief and Mayhem Central 2020
Five Cats, Five Personalities, One Goal - Mischief & Mayhem.